I attended my first official connect group. I feel so happy. Like I can see clearly again. Thank You Lord for making this happen.
1. Pharisees, saducees, sanhendrins were created because they want the favor of God to go back to Israel. For years, during the times when there’s Judah and Israel, the prophets warned them that God would abolish the kingdom if the people would continue to disobey God until such time when God has abolished the kingdom. So to have the favor of God, to have the kingdom again, group of Israelites wanted to make sure that they would now follow the commands of God so God would favor them once more so that the kingdom will be built once more. The Roman empire ruled Israel that time.
2. People were expectant that God would bring the Messiah–the One who will save them just like David and all the other kings before.
3. Pharisees and others were expecting a different Messiah because they were expecting that Jesus if He were the Messiah would recruit them instead because they are supposed to be closer to God because they follow God’s commands.
4. As saved by Christ, we should reach out to others and show the love of God through our actions and love towards them.
5. Share Jesus with others. Go and make disciples. 🙂
6. In connect groups the focus is taken out of ourselves we focus instead to Jesus. 🙂
7. Because we are grateful for the love of God, we share it to others 🙂