[ Praise to the God of All Comfort ] Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 NIV
Fellowship with other believers can serve as the light in a dark tunnel–that we are saved to serve. We are comforted to comfort others. We are loved by God and His love is overwhelming that we are compelled to love others as well. Because we are loved, we are more patient with others. We are more willing to serve others.
Have you ever been in love? Don’t you want to make others happy when you’re in love? That’s how it is to be loved by God.
Commission. I am listening to the live stream of Colour Conference in Sydney via Hillsong Church. It hit me. Commission is done not by one but by the rest of other believers. When you plant the seed, sometimes God will just ask you to plant the seed. Then He will ask another believer to water it, then another to water it again until it grows. Just do what God asks you to do. 🙂
Lord God, thank You for opening up opportunities to know You more, for fellowship. Empower us to share Jesus with others so that they, too will have abundant peace and love that can only come from You. In Jesus’ mighty name. Amen.
I attended my first official connect group. I feel so happy. Like I can see clearly again. Thank You Lord for making this happen.
1. Pharisees, saducees, sanhendrins were created because they want the favor of God to go back to Israel. For years, during the times when there’s Judah and Israel, the prophets warned them that God would abolish the kingdom if the people would continue to disobey God until such time when God has abolished the kingdom. So to have the favor of God, to have the kingdom again, group of Israelites wanted to make sure that they would now follow the commands of God so God would favor them once more so that the kingdom will be built once more. The Roman empire ruled Israel that time.
2. People were expectant that God would bring the Messiah–the One who will save them just like David and all the other kings before.
3. Pharisees and others were expecting a different Messiah because they were expecting that Jesus if He were the Messiah would recruit them instead because they are supposed to be closer to God because they follow God’s commands.
4. As saved by Christ, we should reach out to others and show the love of God through our actions and love towards them.
5. Share Jesus with others. Go and make disciples. 🙂
6. In connect groups the focus is taken out of ourselves we focus instead to Jesus. 🙂
7. Because we are grateful for the love of God, we share it to others 🙂
I had to wear a sweater going to work. It is cold now. I don’t like it. I’m a tropical girl 🙂
Anyway, something amazing happened today.
I saw a kangaroo!!! Actually there were two kangaroos! I wanted to come closer but they are known to kick hard that could send me to the hospital. That’s the highlight of my day 🙂
And then he cried in front of me.
Giving. He is so giving of himself that he can open up to me. That is why I can open up to him, too. That is why I am giving of myself with him. In other words, I call this friendship.
But how can I be giving to people who attack me? It’s human nature to build walls. So it would not hurt as much. God said to pray for those who persecute us. God said to forgive those who wronged us. As Christians, we are called to do these. But I know, this is only possible with the help of God. By His grace, we can be forgiving and giving of ourselves to everyone. By our example, we will be the salt of the earth. Our kindness and goodness will show that we are really from God. Again, it’s only possible if we have God in our lives.
Love. That is the source. God is love. We can be giving if we love one another. Love comes from God.
God puts me here surrounded by all these beautiful people. May God be able to use me to reach out to them. May I successfully plant the seeds of faith. Because having faith in God is the best thing that we can share with everyone.