[ Praise to the God of All Comfort ] Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 NIV
Fellowship with other believers can serve as the light in a dark tunnel–that we are saved to serve. We are comforted to comfort others. We are loved by God and His love is overwhelming that we are compelled to love others as well. Because we are loved, we are more patient with others. We are more willing to serve others.
Have you ever been in love? Don’t you want to make others happy when you’re in love? That’s how it is to be loved by God.
Commission. I am listening to the live stream of Colour Conference in Sydney via Hillsong Church. It hit me. Commission is done not by one but by the rest of other believers. When you plant the seed, sometimes God will just ask you to plant the seed. Then He will ask another believer to water it, then another to water it again until it grows. Just do what God asks you to do. 🙂
Lord God, thank You for opening up opportunities to know You more, for fellowship. Empower us to share Jesus with others so that they, too will have abundant peace and love that can only come from You. In Jesus’ mighty name. Amen.
I attended my first official connect group. I feel so happy. Like I can see clearly again. Thank You Lord for making this happen.
1. Pharisees, saducees, sanhendrins were created because they want the favor of God to go back to Israel. For years, during the times when there’s Judah and Israel, the prophets warned them that God would abolish the kingdom if the people would continue to disobey God until such time when God has abolished the kingdom. So to have the favor of God, to have the kingdom again, group of Israelites wanted to make sure that they would now follow the commands of God so God would favor them once more so that the kingdom will be built once more. The Roman empire ruled Israel that time.
2. People were expectant that God would bring the Messiah–the One who will save them just like David and all the other kings before.
3. Pharisees and others were expecting a different Messiah because they were expecting that Jesus if He were the Messiah would recruit them instead because they are supposed to be closer to God because they follow God’s commands.
4. As saved by Christ, we should reach out to others and show the love of God through our actions and love towards them.
5. Share Jesus with others. Go and make disciples. 🙂
6. In connect groups the focus is taken out of ourselves we focus instead to Jesus. 🙂
7. Because we are grateful for the love of God, we share it to others 🙂