I am living in the Philippines. And as much as I want to eat all of those healthy food I’ve read on blogs, some of the ingredients cannot be found here. But lucky me, still, because here in the Philippines, there are other veggies available which I think is not available in cold temperate areas. I am also fortunate because the price of the vegetables here are cheaper as compared to other countries.
I have to live within my means.
Some advantages of being an almost vegetarian:
1. I got to save up on food. Since I also eliminated flavored drinks such as iced tea, juice, and carbonated drinks. So I guess, it’s ironic that my header has a picture of an iced tea, but hey it looks good 🙂 So I’ll leave it there for a while.
2. Since I have eliminated unhealthy drinks, I have saved up on calories for food. And when you eat veggies, most of them have low calories so I’m filled up and satisfied.
3. Veggies are tasty–tastier than meat.
4. I’ve lost a lot of weight as compared to just counting calories but still eating anything I want.
5. I feel great doing something good to my body. Like being a good steward of God’s blessings. 🙂
Anyway, my breakfast was heavy. Omellette (just containing tomato), energy drink fortified with calcium, and a serving of rice.
For lunch, I had banana, sweet potato
For dinner, I plan on eating this nice squash 🙂
So good! Now I need to do the laundry, then attend worship service. NO service on tuesday so I have to attend now. Hopefully I’ll be able to insert exercise in between 🙂
One thought on “Get Real”
I feel really good, with higher energy eating vegetables. I love seeing it work well for you too!