I decided to attend Victory Malate’s service this afternoon because I slept longer than planned. I made the right decision. I felt so free worshiping God sincerely knowing that no one would distract me. 🙂 On my way there, I thought about this yearning and I said to myself, “Don’t worry, you are safe here.”
There’s also a bonus because the guy who sang had a very good voice. He sounded like Chris Tomlin himself. The lyrics to the song also struck my heart causing me to cry 🙂 It was a good cry. I felt liberated from this pain of worship.
I said to myself, “I like it here.” Finally. Thank You God. 🙂
God is just so awesome! 🙂
I wrote a post about the event last night and I’m still trying to discern things with the help of God 🙂
I enjoyed having coffee with friends. I love spending time with friends.
It’s been almost a year since I had this yearning and I think that it’s about time to have a change of heart. God, if You want, please change my heart. Thank You.
I found myself seated at a Singles’ Event where almost all of the participants were 10 years younger than me. I felt like a “lola”. Hehe 🙂
I was blessed though because of the speaker. Pastor Joe spoke about marriage.Before going into any relationship, specifically marriage, we have these guide that we can follow.
- Identity. Do you know who you are? Who do you say you are? We must first be complete in ourselves. The line, “You complete me” is one big lie. To really love is to be complete in ourselves first. So how can we be complete? Through these years I have found out that the only way to be complete is to let God complete you. To be satisfied in God. To enjoy God’s company. To love Him first among others. You soon will find out that you are already complete.
- Status. Where are you? Where are you in your walk with God? Are you ready to get married? Do you still have a lot of dreams? Are there still things you want to do that you can only do when you are single?
- Maturity. When do you want to get married? Are you ready financially? What about your maturity? Marriage is a commitment. It takes maturity for it to work out. The giddy feeling will go away, but if you are committed to the commitment, then life will be sweet. And it is only possible to have a sweet satisfying marriage if God is the center of that marriage.
- Character. What are the character you are looking for in a spouse? What are your non-negotiables? For me, I want to get married to a follower of Jesus. I want a faithful, kind, gentle man. I want someone who can deal with all kinds of people. I want a good provider.
- Intention. Why do you want to get married? Marriage should not be for ourselves only. We should also have the intention of serving our spouse. We should also have the intention to live a married life that can glorify God.
- Application. We should apply our standards in our lives and our standards should be based upon the Lord–to what pleases Him.
Girls would often say, “I’m not your typical girl…” But as for me, well I’m not really sure.
I am someone who thinks about romantic love on Valentine’s day. I want to feel love–the head over heels, lucky-i’m-in-love, joyful-happy love. But ever since I have known the meaning of this day, my valentine’s day has always been sad.
There were times that I was single, sometimes in a relationship, with celebration, without celebration. But no matter what status I was in, I was still sad on this day like something or someone is still missing.
I wanted love on valentine’s day but I never really celebrated it. Is that typical?
This valentine’s day, my thoughts linger on romantic love. I tried listening to love songs just because Feb 14 is coming. I also think about what I would want this valentine’s day. And I just realized what I want.
I want to feel like nothing is lacking in my life. I want to acknowledge the completeness I have in God. That with God in my life–I am joyous, complete, and happy with who I am. This time around, I want to feel happy this Valentine’s day–not with the typical kind of love that people seek on Valentine’s day but with the love that comes from the Lord.
New year’s pics. Maybe I’m 150 lbs in this pic. But look at all these food. So yummy and so carbohydrate 🙂
We did not cook that much food but there were still a lot to give to my relatives who visited us on new year.
Glad the holiday is over. Looking forward to summer. Oh btw, I’m weighing less than 150 lbs now. 🙂
“If music be the food of love, then play on.”
Why do you love? This week’s message for me is to look deep for the reason why I love. Is it physical and material? Or is it something hidden inside–Godly character, perhaps?
I saw how God loves me in the way I see Him as a lover. In it, I saw Him hold my hand and lead me to this place that He’s going to show me. He colors this place (my world), nature, flowers, all the beautiful things and He looks at me lovingly delighted to see the gladness in my eyes. He is pleased that I am pleased. What a passionate loving God He is 🙂
I want someone who loves God and serves Him with all his heart. I want a kind and gentle man.
It’s February once again and love is in the air. There are different activities for singles this February. Since it’s February, I decided to read the Book of Song of Songs and I was amazed and I could feel God’s great love for us with this verses:
Place me like a seal over your heart,
like a seal on your arm;
for love is as strong as death,
its jealousy unyielding as the grave.
It burns like blazing fire,
like a mighty flame.
Many waters cannot quench love;
rivers cannot sweep it away.
If one were to give
all the wealth of one’s house for love,
it would be utterly scorned.
(Song of Songs 8: 6-7)
Wow, love is as strong as death! Is that why He gave us His only Son because He loves us so much.
Its jealousy unyielding as the grave…God is a jealous God. That’s why His first commandment is to love God with all our heart, body, mind, soul.
It burns like a blazing fire, like a mighty flame. It is strong. It consumes you.
It cannot be quench. It cannot be satisfied. Money can’t buy love.
Can you imagine that love? It feels great, right? That is the love that God has for us. We just have to acknowledge it. 🙂
Be careful not to drift away. Drifting comes subtly. Before wwe know it we’re already out of focus. The previous weeks showed me how to drift away. I was out of focus. I was no longer happy. That is why it’s important to check ourselves every once in a while–if possible check ourselves everyday.
God does not like lukewarm people and He will spit these people out. Those who have heard the gospel yet decided to stay in the middle is not what God wants.
I always thought that God is more into checking our faults but these past few days He showed me that He is kind and full of grace. and most of all He loves me. Getting to know Him more and more 🙂
I want what my faith sisters have with God–a very deep relationship. They constantly communicate and they hear Him very clearly in every areas of their lives–career, love life, ministry and others. I want to be in His presence constantly–for Him to speak to me all the time 🙂